Head of Accounting
Location East Flanders
Consultant Katrien Vanden Meerssche
Date posted 09 February 2018Avenue Louise 250 B-1050 Brussels Robert Walters Belgium
A fantastic opportunity as Head of Accounting has just become available within a global and well-established family-owned food company. Based in East-Flanders, you will manage a SSC that covers 20 different legal entities across Europe.
In addition to managing, coaching and assisting a team of 12 people, your main responsibilities as Head of Accounting will include:
- Performing a critical screening of the current department processes and improving them in terms of efficiency and accuracy
- Managing accounting relations with all external stakeholders of the SSC such as Finance, Department Heads, external accounting firms, Area Accounting Responsible, customer and suppliers, external auditors and local tax authorities
- Managing the monthly financial closing of entities
- Assuring a sufficient level of compliance towards internal and external accounting, tax and legal regulations for SSC’s activities
- Being the “linking pin” between ICT (SAP) and SSC and thus work closely with the ICT-team in order to improve the use of finance tools
With a Master’s degree in Finance and a strong accounting background of minimum 10 years of experience in medium to big size companies, you will be a valuable asset in a complex accounting environment. You have acquired strong analytical skills and a good helicopter view enabling you to structure and prioritize. Solid communication, collaboration and management skills, combined with a result-oriented & driven personality will ensure your success in this role.
Fluency in Dutch and English is essential for this Head of Accounting position. Knowledge of IFRS, SAP and Excel would be considered as a plus.
If you are looking for a managerial role with international exposure this worldwide company is the perfect match. Do not hesitate and apply today.