Statutory Accounting Manager
Consultant Melina Kayila
Date posted 13 September 2018 2018-09-132018-11-09 insurance Avenue Louise 250 B-1050 Brussels Robert Walters Belgium
A newly established company active in the insurance sector, based in Brussels, is currently looking for a Statutory Accounting Manager.
Managing a team of two Junior Accountants, this role will manage statutory reporting across key returns by maintaining the company’s accounting policy and procedures.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, as a Statutory Accounting Manager, some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Supervise the monthly accounting processes
- Supervise and maintain the ledger structure and databases
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the financial accounting and reporting process,
- Provide assistance during audits
- Support the work of the Business Accounting Manager and their team (budgeting, forecasting, MI and financial operations etc.)
- Suggest and implement process efficiencies as the financial systems are embedded in Lloyd’s Brussels
The ideal Statutory Accounting Manager holds a degree in Finance or Accounting accompanied by a minimum of 10 years relevant experience acquired in the Insurance sector. Knowledge in end statutory accounts preparation under Belgian GAAP, IFRS and report writing and qualitative analysis.
Fluency in English and French is a must, as well as good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Working in the insurance sector you need to have good planning and prioritization skills. Good communication skills and confidence to drive new ideas and seek to improve work practice. If you encourage a team environment and you have a key eyes for problem identification and resolution, then do not miss out on this opportunity.