Consultant Melina Kayila
Date posted 22 January 2019 2019-01-222019-03-23 insurance Brussels Brussels BE EUR 70000 72000 72000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be
A leading international company active in the insurance sector, based in Brussels, is on the look out for an Accountant to support the work of the accounting function across statutory reporting, business planning and finance operations.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accountant’s main responsibilities will include:
- To undertake key parts of the month end close process, to produce accounts under Belgium GAAP, Solvency II and IFRS bases as appropriate, ensuring compliance with appropriate regulations
- To undertake elements of the quarterly and annual Solvency II reporting processes
- To review and post investment accounting as required
- To support the Business Accounting Manager in the budget and forecast processes as required, including the production of accounting and cashflow projections
- To produce Management Information reports
- To manage and undertake financial operations processes across invoices, expenses and payroll.
- To manage, and prepare where appropriate, the department documentation ensuring that processes are in line with current regulations, and manage and/or implement the change control process
- To provide assistance to both internal and external auditors as and when required ensuring that audit points are implemented and embedded in a timely manner
The ideal Accountant has a recognized accountancy qualification or the equivalent by experience in insurance company, where involvement in the preparation of month end accounts as well as year-end accounts can be demonstrated.
Fluency in French and English is required for this job of Business Accounting Manager, as well as good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite applications and accounting software.
If you have great organizational, time management and implementation skills, as well as an excellent attention to detail and an ability to work independently, then this challenging opportunity in a fast growing company is for you. Send us your application now.