Senior Accounting Officer
Consultant Melina Kayila
Date posted 19 April 20192019-04-19 2019-06-18 banking Brussels Brussels BE EUR 5000 5250 5250 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be
A leader in the banking sector based in Brussels is currently on a look-out for a Senior Accounting Officer. As the Senior Accounting Officer, you will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
The main responsibilities of the Senior Accounting Officer include:
- You contribute to and monitor the preparation of financial accounts for the existing corporate lending business and new retail mortgage lending activity;
- You work closely with the business teams to understand transactions executed, market developments and new business activity;
- You prepare daily and monthly management reporting for the business;
- You work with credit analysts and risk management teams to understand current processes and procedures;
- You assist with the drafting of interim and annual financial statements pursuant to BEGAAP for local reporting and IFRS for Group reporting;
- You contribute to internal controls environment;
- You review general ledger transactions.
The ideal candidate for this position holds a bachelor’s or a master’s degree in Finance or Accounting coupled with at least 5 years of relevant experience in regulated financial services. You have a track record of meeting reporting and project deadlines, a proven experience in an accounting or auditing role, a good understanding of loans/mortgages gained in a bank and an excellent knowledge of IFRS9 accounting methodology.
Fluent in English, you have a strong written and spoken knowledge of French and/or Dutch.
If you are driven, independent, enthusiastic and hands-on and ready to face new challenges, do not hesitate to apply for this exciting opportunity.