Accounting & Tax Manager
Consultant Christophe Paquay
Date posted 10 May 20192019-05-17 2019-07-09 automotive Berchem Antwerp BE EUR 4500 5000 5000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be
In order to reinforce the Finance department within the Benelux head office of a global automotive company, a new exciting opportunity as Accounting & Tax Manager has become available.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Accounting & Tax Manager's main responsibilities include:
- Managing and overseeing the daily operations of the accounting team (5 people)
- Monthly end close activities with internal reporting to the head office and to local management
- Quarterly internal reporting to the headquarters
- Liaising with audit companies for interim and year-end audit
- Preparing and filing of local statutory accounts
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Tax compliance: tax return, VAT, BPM, intrastate etc.
- Internal tax reporting to the headquarters
- Contract management / insurance management
- Developing relevant reports and KPI
- Active participation in process improvement
- Participating in ad hoc projects under the supervision of the FD
The ideal candidate for the position of Accounting & Tax Manager has 5-10 years of experience coupled with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business Administration or Finance, or the equivalent hereof by experience. With this backgound, the candidate should possess a sound understanding of financial, accounting, and tax processes, as well as a first experience within people management. Fluency in Dutch and English is a must, as is a solid knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel. Experience in a fiduciary, knowledge of an ERP system and of French are considered assets.
In order to adequately perform the different tasks at hand, the Accounting & Tax manager must be a driven, analytical self-starter with a hands-on mentality and a healthy dose of business acumen. Furthermore, the ability to be a good team player with sound communication skills is crucial.
If you match this profile, do not hesitate and send us your CV. An attractive salary coupled with a wide range of benefits is on offer.