Consultant Els Van Der Veken
Date posted 09 August 20192019-08-13 2019-10-08 manufacturing-and-production Wilrijk Antwerp BE 2610 GBP 60000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international firm, located in Wilrijk, is looking for a dynamic Accounting Manager.
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager main tasks are:
- You are responsible for the implementation of financial (optimization) projects, both in the branches and at the support centre. This with the aim of increasing efficiency and customer focus in administrative processes. For this you work very closely with various departments and branches.
- You are responsible for the coaching, evaluation and management of the team. You monitor the quality and quantity of the work of the team members, monitor the progress of agreements made and adjust if necessary.
- You are responsible for continuity in the accounting and administrative processes, both at the sites and at the support centre. You ensure an optimal division of work, you analyse and detect opportunities to make the administrative process more efficient and you adjust if necessary.
- You are responsible for the correct application of the international IFRS and the local GAAP accounting rules. You are the first point of contact for all relevant stakeholders (eg auditors, etc.).
- You are responsible for all statutory and tax formalities within the company. You are the first point of contact for the tax authorities. You supervise tax audits and are responsible for all tax reporting in accordance with international and group standards.
- You are responsible for correct accounting regarding investments and depreciation in accordance with international and group standards. You follow up the bookkeeping through the various phases, from supplier to invoicing.
- You are responsible for the cashflow forecast of the company, you manage monthly reports on this, you detect deviations and opportunities and you communicate this to management and to the group.
- You are responsible for a timely and correct closure, detect any problems, look for appropriate solutions and work closely with the Controlling department for this.
- You ensure that quality controls are performed on the accounting and administration processes within the company in a timely manner. You are responsible for the follow-up and optimization of these internal controls.
- You and your team are responsible for following up of outstanding customer and supplier invoices and, in case of persistent problems, you look for suitable solutions in cooperation with the branch management and the commercial team.
- You establish contacts with representatives of trade unions/works councils.
The ideal candidate to fill the role as Accounting Manager has a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance or Economics and has at least 5 to 10 years of experience as Accounting Manager. Knowledge of IFRS and Belgian GAAP is essential as well as experience in translating financial guidelines to practical procedures and processes.
Fluency in English is required, both written and spoken. Furthermore, knowledge of Dutch, French and German are an advantage. An excellent knowledge of MS Office applications is required. Knowledge of SAP FO/CO is an advantage.
If you are a committed, loyal and an excellent communicator that can motivate, coach, and initiate change, this is the role for you. Don't let this excellent opportunity pass you by and apply quickly.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Waltersand get rewarded.