Senior Specialist Accounting
Consultant Melina Kayila
Date posted 12 August 20192019-08-12 2019-10-11 banking Brussels Brussels BE GBP 52000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A dynamic and innovative group active in the banking sector and based in the Brussels region is currently looking to recruit a Senior Specialist Accounting. As the Senior Specialist Accounting, you will ensure that the general ledger account balances and trial balances are complete, accurate and reflect the correct application of the accounting.
Occupying the role of the Senior Specialist Accounting, you will be reporting to the Country Controller and to the Head of Tax and some of your your main responsibilities will include:
- You will maintain detailed overview of intercompany flows for the European Bank;
- You will document, maintain and challenge applicable transfer price arrangement for each flow;
- You will perform detailed analytical reviews to track unexpected evolutions;
- You will reconcile invoices with underlying details and SLD monthly for finance and on ad hoc basis for other departments
- You will prepare and maintain solid internal control framework on I/C;
- You will capture changes in operating model to ensure appropriate translation to intercompany billing process;
- You will identify weaknesses, track them and remediate them on a project mode;
- You will present regularly to team meetings, Exco and occasionally to Audit Committee and tax authorities.
The ideal candidate for this position holds a university degree in a Finance or Accounting related field. You have at least 5 years of experience in the financial sector. If you have worked with intercompany recharges in a big multinational or in a Big 4 auditing company, it will be considered as a strong plus.
You are fluent in English and one of the 3 official Belgian languages. You have excellent IT skills with a focus on MS Excel.
If you have strong interpersonal, communication, time management and organisation skills, you are solution oriented, and you are ready for a new exciting challenge do not hesitate to apply for this outstanding opportunity.