Business Unit Controller
Consultant Christophe Paquay
Date posted 08 July 20192019-07-09 2019-09-06 logistics-distribution-and-supply-chain Antwerp Antwerp BE 2000 EUR 4500 5500 5500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Due to a new strategy and continuous growth, a Business Unit Controller position has just become available within a global player in the logistics industry.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager and the CFO, the Business Unit Controller is expected to manage business controlling of one of the four Business Units within the Group as well as being a true sparring partner of the Business Unit Manager through pro-active, accurate and timely financial information, in order to appropriately implement the group's growth strategy.
- Preparing the monthly and quarterly reporting for the Business Unit.
- Providing the Business Unit pro-actively with required information to support them in their decision making.
- Being a sparring partner for the Business Units.
- Monitoring and reporting the variances between actuals, budget and forecast, and challenge the relevant stakeholders.
- Issuing internal policies regarding finance related issues (e.g. cash advances, collection of trade receivables etc.)
- Defining and cascading financial KPI throughout the organization.
- Learning to engage and challenge internal stakeholders without a hierarchical command.
The ideal candidate for this Business Unit Controller role has a master's degree in Finance alongside 5 years of experience in business controlling in an international business environment. Strong financial literacy (analysing, translating, reporting), as well as business acumen are crucial for the Business Unit Controller to play their part in improving the business.
The ability to challenge the status-quo and internal stakeholders, stress-resistance, problem-solving skills, and excellent communicational skills are absolutely essential as you drive the business in the right direction. Fluency in Dutch and English and proficiency in Excel is required. A first experience in an auditing function is considered a big asset, as is knowledge of Russian.
Are you the hands-on business partner that is needed to help shape the future of this company? In exchange for your expertise, creativity and enthusiasm, the company offers an attractive salary complemented by fringe benefits, career opportunities and challenges abroad. Do not hesitate and apply quickly!
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.