Global Finance Director
Salary Rewarding salary
Consultant Els Van Der Veken
Date posted 08 February 2019 2019-02-082019-04-06 manufacturing-and-production Hoogstraten Antwerp Gelmelstraat 96 BE 2320 EUR 104000 114000 114000 YEAR deSter www.dester.com
deSter, a gategroup brand and HNA member, is a leading provider of innovative food packaging and service ware concepts to the aviation, hospitality and food service industry, specialized in designing & manufacturing thermoformed & injection moulded plastics, cutlery packs, condiments, glassware, ceramic, cardboard & aluminium products.
Founded in 1973, the company combines over 40 years of manufacturing expertise with the latest developments in product design. deSter has production units in Hoogstraten (BE), Lima (US) and Prachinburi (TH), in addition to sales offices in Amsterdam (NL), Atlanta (US), Dubai (UAE), Bangkok (TH) and Hong Kong (CN). For more information please visit www.dester.com.
As Global Finance Director you will be responsible for all financial and IT affairs, including the development and implementation of policies, strategies, budgets and plans designed to achieve the objectives. You will also advise and support the Managing Director in assessing and developing commercial and financial models necessary to run the business effectively.
Reporting to the CFO EME of the Gategroup, some of your responsibilities as Global Finance Director will be:
- Leading, supporting and coaching the finance and IT team to ensure high standards of control and accountability
- Contributing to the strategic discussions beyond the finance-IT area
- Responsible for the operational and technical management of all systems and application of the global IT
- Responsible for accounting and controlling for the worldwide business
- Developing and introducing a strategic vision related to short and long term financial objectives
- Preparing and coordinating the yearly business-plan and managing special projects (e.g. new ERP roll-out)
- Support the Managing Director in assessing commercial opportunities and risks throughout the business and the development of commercial and financial models necessary to run the business in the most effective way
- Ensuring procedures, guidelines related to the administrative organisation are compliant with IFRS, SOX, Belgian GAAP requirements and internal control system are in place
- Setting priorities and defining solutions for new business needs in close cooperation with application engineers and business analysts.
The Global Finance Director has a University degree in Finance (or similar) with minimum 5 to 10 years experience in a supervising financial controlling role preferably in an international environment with a manufacturing background. A first audit experience or training as Chartered Accountant is a plus.
You have good knowledge of working capital management and strong operational experience, understanding KPI’s, operational processes and plans. Experience with analytical management accounting is a must.
You are fluent in Dutch and English, good knowledge of French is a plus. You have a strong general IT knowledge.
As Global Finance Director you have good interpersonal and communication skills and you have a hands-on and team oriented attitude. As a true leader you are process and result driven and are able to deliver business results under pressure.
If you are an analytical and integer person as well as a strategic thinker, this Global Finance Director job could be the opportunity for you. An attractive remuneration package with extra legal advantages are guaranteed.