Consultant Laurence Brutsaert
Date posted 24 January 2017
An outstanding opportunity as European Controller is today available in the Brussels South based HQ of a global player within the manufacturing sector. With team management responsibility, you will be the Finance Business Partner for a Business Unit composed of +/- 50 subsidiaries in Europe.
Your key responsibilities as European Controller:
- Supporting management with proposals and analysis for decision making
- Developing profitability and economic culture, entrepreneurship mindset
- Ensuring high quality managerial accounting and reporting
- Responsible for prepararing Budget & MTP; reviews of KPI’s and action plans
- Responsible for preparing rolling forecast (short-term, mid-term)
- Responsible for control of capital expense projects
- Performing profitability analysis of products, activities and projects
- Supporting evaluation of new projects (expansion, cost savings, continuous improvements etc….) and perform audit to re-evaluate the performance of approved projects
- Ensuring correctness of sales recognition, cost of goods sold recognition, cost natures and cost objects classification, inventory control and valuation
- Ensuring reliable and timely Financial Statements and Reports (Local, IFRS, Managerial)
- Responsible for analysis of monthly P&L at the level of subsidiary & region, including variance analysis vs. Budget and Last year
This European Controller opportunity requires a minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in a Senior Controlling position in a manufacturing environment and willingness to travel in Europe for +/- 50 % of the time (must criteria).
The candidate must have strong leadership skills and people management experience, be performance driven, hands-on and energetic.
If you are looking for a challenging and exciting new career opportunity with management responsibility, the opportunity to join a leading and stimulating environment awaits.