Consultant Katrien Vanden Meerssche
Date posted 15 May 2018Avenue Louise 250 B-1050 Brussels Robert Walters Belgium
An international company active in the FMCG sector is currently looking for a Plant Controller based in the Aalst region. You will be partner with various stakeholders in the organisation, business partner of the Plant Manager and the management team.
As Plant Controller, you will be responsible for analysing and ensuring the accuracy of the local financial results versus targets for operational (in)efficiencies, material usage variances, direct and indirect factory costs, etc.
As a business partner to the Plant Manager, your other responsibilities in this role will include:
- Developing, analysing, and presenting financial results to the Plant leadership team
- Monitoring and evaluating performance against budget or forecast, identifying risks and opportunities, and reviewing results with cost centre budget holders in the site
- Identifying or supporting cost savings initiatives or performance improvement initiatives
- Participating in the creation of the strategy for the site
- Creating the annual budget and periodic forecasts for the site
- Supporting new or renewed contract negotiations (e.g. energy)
- Providing relevant information or analysis for insurance claims
- Acting as the gate keeper of internal controls, inventory counts …
The right Plant Controller has a Master in Business Administration or in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar. Extensive experience in finance (controlling/accounting) or operational/process engineering in a multinational company is necessary for this role. The right candidate is an analytical, hands-on and solutions-oriented leader with written and spoken proficiency in English and Dutch.
If you want to drive change, recommend scenarios to increase efficiency and contribute to the achievement of the business goals and targets of the plant, this is the role for you. You will join a passionate international business which engages and develops its employees on an ongoing basis.