Consultant Christophe Paquay
Date posted 19 April 20192019-04-26 2019-06-18 agriculture-fishing-and-forestry Merksem Antwerp BE EUR 35000 63000 63000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be
A leading Belgian company with an international presence, active in the agriculture and horticulture industry, is looking for an experienced Controller to help the company brace for the future and achieve even more success.
Aided by a critical attitude, your advice and expertise will assist the head of the business unit in making financially sound decisions, in achieving and surpassing objectives, and in outlining a viable but challenging future for the entire business unit.
Mainly based in Merksem, the Controller's main responsibilities include:
- Implementing the strategic planning process and ensuring a critical view of the plan within your BU department.
- Drawing up the budget of the BU department within the strategic guidelines of the group.
- Frequent analysis of budget versus actual results of the entire BU, with the aim of identifying risks and opportunities and to achieve corrective / reinforcing action plans together with those responsible.
- Diligent monitoring of costs and ensuring timely corrective actions and initiatives for improvement.
- Creating and following up of a set of KPIs that should enable monitoring of the evolution of all aspects of the BU department. These KPIs should be used to initiate action from those responsible.
- Performing analyses and giving recommendations regarding investment and acquisition projects.
- Pro-actively following up all the components of the margins of your BU department according to the different market segments and product groups. Providing insights about the reasons for under-performance and appropriate corrective measures.
- Making analyses in all kinds of areas at your own initiative and / or at the request of the involved management that should lead to well-founded business decisions (logistical optimization, production allocation, make or buy, pricing systems, restructuring projects, etc.).
- Ensuring correct inventory valuations, product costing, analysis of "costs of goods sold" and coopertating in determining correct and substantiated transfer prices.
- Participating in management meetings and performance reviews of your BU department and potentially assisting at BU and / or group level.
With a master's degree within finance or economics, coupled with at least 5 years of experience in a similar function, the Controller for this role is well-versed in the Belgian GAAP, Business Planning and Business Performance Management processes, financial controlling, forecasting, budgeting, and KPIs.
You have a strategic mindset and strong communicative, cooperative capabilities that enable you to take a solution-oriented approach to resolving problems.
This is an organisation where your growth, success, and expertise are valued as essential to the company's prosperity, so do not hesitate to send us your application! An attractive salary as well as a variety of benefits is included!