Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Aline Lewy
Job Ref 1617552/001
Date posted 01 December 2022brussels accountancy-finance/financial-controller 2022-12-01 2023-01-30 property-and-housing Brussels Brussels BE Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A company active in the Real Estate sector is currently looking to hire a Financial Controller to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in External audit ideally combined with a knowledge of consolidation and IFRS, you will be in charge of the Financial Control as well as support the Group Financial Consolidation and will report directly to the Group Consolidation Manager.
Your main responsibilities as the new Financial Controller will include:
- Support the group's financial consolidation and ensure the application of the group' s accounting policies.
- Oversee the accounting system administration and ensure continuous support for process optimization, including software tools implementation, automation and analytical and data quality control
- Ensure precise and timely reporting, while working closely with the group's financial and accounting departments to guarantee the quality of the figures
- Manage the accurate preparation of the annual financial statements and report, as well as assisting the auditors or stakeholders in answering their questions
- You have a master’s degree in economics, finance, or accounting
- You have at least 3 years of relevant experience
- You are fluent in English, and in Dutch or in French
- You have good accounting skills coupled with knowledge of IFRS and consolidation
- You have a continuous improvement mindset and are passionate about digitalization
- You have solid communication skills and you enjoy collaborating with your team to achieve mutual objectives, supporting your co-workers and sharing your expertise
- You have good knowledge of consolidation tools (knowledge of Sigma Consolidation would be considered an asset) and a strong knowledge of Excel
- You are analytical and structured, detail-oriented while being able to keep an overview
- You have a strong team spirit but also an ability to work independently
- You have a strong attention to detail, quality, precision and data integrity
- You are a good communicator, and you are able to explain complex subjects in a simple manner
If this sounds like you, and the idea of joining an international and dynamic environment and have a real impact speaks to you, then apply for this Financial Controller position.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.