Internal Audit Manager
Consultant Christophe Paquay
Date posted 23 April 20192019-04-24 2019-06-22 transport-and-rail Mechelen Antwerp BE EUR 5500 6500 6500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be
An exciting opportunity as Internal Audit Manager has just emerged within a renowned transportation company. Reporting to the board of directors, you are the leader of the audit team as you determine its mission, strategies, and targets (in line with the company’s objectives), whilst ensuring well-organized, disciplined, effective, and, perhaps most importantly, impartial, audit processes and activities.
As Internal Audit Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing and implementing/maintaining a target-oriented and company-wide audit strategy and governance structure with the focus of maximising the effectiveness of the internal audit department.
- Planning/assigning the tasks at hand whilst constructively supporting the audit team in accomplishing them.
- Periodically organizing the audit committees (minimum 6 per year).
- Review and report findings to the board of directors and adjust the audit team’s KPIs and methodologies based on these findings and reviews.
- Advise senior management on guidelines and procedures that fully meet the principles of organizational control.
- Strictly adhering to the principles of the single audit wherever possible.
- Act as liaison and representative with both internal departments, as well as external partners and entities.
- Leading a team of two auditors and facilitating collaboration with an external team when need for knowledge and expertise (co-sourcing).
The ideal Internal Audit Manager has a master’s degree, preferable within a finance/accounting related field, as well as at least 5 years of experience in a similar role. A good knowledge of Dutch and English, both spoken and written, is necessary for ICT systems and international conventions and seminars.
You are expected to posses a good command of business processes, audit methodologies, GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) and to be comfortable with IT (terminology, tools, principles, firm-specific software) and financial analysis. Besides technical expertise, your previous experiences have also enabled you to develop excellent people management skills.
Are you the critical yet constructive problem-solver, the independent yet team-oriented leader, that we are looking for? Respond quickly! A comprehensive salary package is included!