Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Adrien Clar
Job Ref 1650512/001
Date posted 14 November 2022brussels banking-financial-services/actuarial 2022-11-14 2023-01-13 insurance Brussels Brussels BE Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international company active in the insurance sector is currently looking to hire an Actuary to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your previous experience as an Actuary, you will focus on all aspects of reserving, reporting and capital modelling.
Your main responsibilities as the new Actuary will include:
- Review and validation of data used in actuarial modelling and reporting
- Undertake the actuarial aspects of the Solvency II quarterly and annual reporting, Belgian GAAP reporting and other local reporting as required
- Undertake the reserving requirements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis across the Group’s Brussels book of business, on best estimate and Belgian GAAP bases as required
- Support the Actuarial Manager in the determining of assumptions and the building of reserving processes
- Undertake and develop processes to calculate the capital requirements under Solvency II Standard Formula
- Undertake capital projections to support the work of Business planning and ORSA
- Undertake work to support analysis of surplus, premiums earning patterns and other actuarial tasks
- Undertake actuarial work for the local Group’s branches in Europe
- Undertake ad-hoc actuarial investigations and reports to support projects as required
- Follow actuarial best practice standards related to assumption setting, documentation, peer review and remaining up to date on regulatory developments
- Support key stakeholder engagement through communication of actuarial methodologies and results as required, taking the lead with dedicated stakeholders and maintaining strong relationships
- Lead junior members of the team on the projects and pieces of work involved in, providing guidance and technical assistance
- You are a qualified Actuary and member of a recognized actuarial professional body
- You have experience in non-life insurance work (reserving, capital modelling)
- You have experience in delivering complex work output
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus.
- Knowledge of various IT tools including Excel, Access, Word and databases. Res-Q experience a distinct advantage
- Knowledge of / interest in programmatic approaches, including the use of VBA, R or SQL is a strong plus
If this sounds like you, and the idea of joining a dynamic and proactive team with an international work environment speaks to you, then apply for this Actuary position.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.
Salary: Attractive salaryLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 03 November 2022A world leading company active in the Insurance sector is currently looking to hire a Statutory and Regulatory Reporting Officer to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in Insurance and Assistance, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role in the setup of financial techniques necessary for the development of the company.
Salary: Attractive packageLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 10 October 2022A leading company active in the Banking & Insurance sector is currently looking to hire a Senior Credit Risk Analyst to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in Insurance & Credit Risk, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an interesting job, as well as an attractive and flexible way of working, with growth opportunities.