Head of Audit
Consultant Cristina Barros
Date posted 03 December 20192019-12-03 2020-02-01 banking Brussels Brussels BE EUR 4000 5000 5000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An international company active in the Banking sector and based in the Brussels region is currently on the lookout for a new Head of Audit. In this role you will provide an independent view and assurance over the control environment within the company’s Brussels branch.
As the Head of Audit, you will be reporting to the President of the local Management Committee and some of your main responsibilities will include:
- You will have responsibility for all Internal Audit activities in the EMEA region;
- You will develop and deliver the Audit Plan, covering all activities within the Brussels branch from Sales and Marketing to Supporting functions and control activities;
- You will be proactively involved in monitoring projects affecting the Brussels branch during the year, to ensure that risk and control issues are identified at an early stage in project development;
- You will develop a relationship management role and actively promote the continued development of a strong internal control environment;
- You will provide audit opinions on Brussels branch’s activities and determine the underlying patterns and root causes, consider wider implications to the Group, escalate matters to the Management and contribute to the overall view of risk and controls within the region;
- You will develop the internal audit strategy for each audit assignment within the Brussels branch, considering regulatory changes;
- You will manage the relationship with the National Belgian Bank, as well as liaise with the local regulators and external auditors.
The ideal candidate for the role of the Head of Audit has a master’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Law or any other related field. Your strong numerical and financial skills allow you to interpret complex financial information. You have experience in a risk, control and regulations field. A previous experience in the financial sector will be considered as a plus.
Fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch will be considered as a plus.
If you have excellent communication and negotiation skills, you are stress resilient and solution-oriented, and you are ready to face a new exciting challenge, do not hesitate to apply for this outstanding opportunity.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.