Audit Project Leader
Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Stephen Fournier
Job Ref 1523792/001
Date posted 06 September 2022brussels banking-financial-services/audit 2022-09-06 2022-11-05 banking Brussels Brussels BE Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A company active in the Banking sector is currently looking to hire an Audit Project Leader to join their offices in Brussels. The internal Audit mission is to contribute to the efficiency of the company’s internal controls. Thanks to your experience in finance and in audit, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role in it.
Your main responsibilities as the new Audit Project Leader will include:
- You will operate as a team member or independently and you will have responsibility for specific procedures and results as agreed upon with your manager, i.e., head of a project relating to an audit review.
- You will lead testing of financial, operational and other processes as per Audit Review policies, methodologies, and standards. You will identify meaningful issues and track fieldwork and emerging issues to completion.
- You will communicate well with clients and Audit team members; and interact effectively with senior managers
- You will engage in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations.
- Projects may be of various levels of complexity but are likely to involve a significant level of understanding of regulatory regimes, business models and processes for each new assignment.
- You will take ownership of the projects or other work assigned to you and you will ensure that audits are carried out correctly and in a timely manner. Complete audits within budgeted hours and target dates.
- You will think beyond past routines about new issues or risks since the last audit took place.
- You will learn business strategies, processes and regulations effectively and quickly and you are alert to the changing nature of risk.
- You will perform thoughtful analysis of current issues and you will communicate effectively with business managers both in person and in writing.
- You will use appropriate judgment with regard to issue priority and communication.
- You will follow-up and validate sustainable resolution of issues on a timely basis.
- You will ensure your manager is aware of any issues or problems.
- You will demonstrate leadership through work guidance and training of less experienced peers and through advice to assigned clients. You may lead others on discrete projects or mentor team members.
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s in accounting or finance or related. MBA, CPA, CFA certifications are preferred.
- You have 6 to 10+ years relevant experience in audit, compliance, risk.
- You have good knowledge of governance topics.
- You have good knowledge of the financial services industry.
- You are fluent in English, knowledge of Dutch, French, or German is a plus.
- You are analytical minded.
- You pay attention to details, you are rigorous and well organized.
- You have the ability to communicate orally and in writing with various levels of management.
- Through your previous experiences you are a skilled negotiator and a problem solver.
If this sounds like you, and the idea of joining an international and dynamic environment and have a real impact speaks to you, then apply for this Audit Project Leader position.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.
Salary: Attractive salaryLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 15 September 2022A growing company active in the Corporate Banking sector is currently looking to hire an Assistant Relationship Manager to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in Corporate Banking and commercial affinities, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role and provide day-today support to your team.
Salary: Attractive SalaryLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 13 September 2022A company active in the transportation, e-commerce and business services sector is currently looking to hire an Auditor to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in audit, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role in it.
Salary: Attractive PackageLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 06 September 2022A company active in the Banking sector is currently looking to hire an Associate/VP Infrastructure Sector to join their offices in Brussels. You will be part of the infrastructure sector team and cover infrastructure funds, infrastructure companies as well as contractors active in infrastructure projects.
Salary: Attractive SalaryLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 02 August 2022A Belgian company active in the banking sector is currently looking to hire an OPC Officer to join their offices in Brussels.
Salary: Attractive SalaryLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 22 February 2022A company active in the asset management sector is currently looking to hire a Senior PDRA Middle Office Analyst (Private Debt and Real Assets) to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in asset management and in finance, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role in it.