Principal Compliance Advisor
Consultant Melina Kayila
Date posted 13 December 2018 2018-12-13banking Avenue Louise 326 1050 Brussels Robert Walters
An international worldwide banking company based in Brussels, is currently looking for a Principal Compliance Advisor. You will be in charge of assisting the business units by developing strategies to bring them into compliance with complex regulatory and policy requirements.
As Principal Compliance Advisor, you will report to the Head of Compliance in Continental Europe and your main responsibilities will include:
- Analyses existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to lead the assigned businesses in developing and implementing procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements.
- Providing advice to various levels of management, business lines and functional partners in relation to E.U. regulation (including but not limited to MiFID 2, MAR, PSD2, SFTR, EMIR, EU Benchmark Regulation and the FX Global Code) and regulatory supervisory expectations and trends in countries where The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV operates.
- Assesses the effectiveness of current risk prevention and mitigation projects to ensure managers in the assigned business units are equipped with the education to identify and judge the severity of risks.
- Analyses control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Assesses the effectiveness of complex controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting respective business units.
- Prepares complex, comprehensive, risk based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements and provides prompt, focused feedback to business management on concerning issues and control gaps.
- May contribute to the development of recommendations for corrective action and issue tracking to ensure resolution efforts proceed timely and effectively. And also to contributes to the preparation of complex, time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues to senior management.
The ideal candidate for the Principal Compliance Advisor position has a Law, Business or Finance degree, with a background in financial services compliance or regulatory advisory role and a total of 10 to 12 years of experience.
Fluency in English is required; French, Dutch, or German knowledge would be a plus.
If you have a thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant E.U. and local financial services legislation and regulation and you are ready to take up this challenge, send us your application now.