Head of Compliance
Consultant Melina Kayila
Date posted 18 March 20192019-03-18 2019-05-17 banking Brussels Brussels BE EUR 100000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be
A leader in the banking sector based in Brussels is currently looking for a Head of Compliance. You will report to the Board of Directors and on a day to day operational level to the Chief Executive Director.
The Head of Compliance’s principal duties and responsibilities are:
- Maintain comprehensive and timely reporting on compliance risk and standards implementation, following internal standards and local regulations;
- Communicate guidelines in a clear and understandable way; be able to understand the bank’s standards and to transfer that knowledge to relevant personnel; analyse feedback and demonstrate a proactive attitude regarding compliance with applicable regulations;
- Prepare, revise and implement systems and documentation required to comply with the applicable regulatory framework, governance requirements and the conduct of business rules in close coordination with senior officers of the bank in its head office;
- Take the lead in contacts with the FSMA and the NBB with regard to compliance topics;
- Manage and ensure continued compliance with all applicable customer protection rules, including MiFID II;
- Communicate directly with management of the bank regarding risk-management in the areas of compliance matters and participate in relevant risk and compliance committees and working groups;
- Create and monitor compliance standards and programs, including, without limitation, MiFID II issues (e.g. policies and guidelines);
- Manage internal anti-money laundering controls and standards;
- Monitor account openings and transactions and ensure suspicious activities are investigated where appropriate;
- Manage employee compliance requirements and serve as Money Laundering Reporting Officer of the bank;
The ideal candidate has a Master’s degree in Finance or Economics. You have at least 5 years of experience in compliance. Knowledge of retail activities or investment products is a strong plus.
Fluency in English is required for this position as well as a very good knowledge of Dutch or French.
As Head of Compliance, you are autonomous, hands-on, dynamic.
If you would like to take on this challenge, send us your application now.