Salary Attracive salary
Consultant Stephen Fournier
Job Ref 1718612/001
Date posted 21 October 2022brussels banking-financial-services/compliance 2022-10-21 2022-12-20 financial-services Brussel Brussels BE 1000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A growing InsurTech company is currently looking to hire a Compliance Officer to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in Compliance and within the Insurance sector, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role in its expansion and work closely with many different parts of the group.
Your main responsibilities as the new Compliance Officer will include:
- Develop and maintain an awareness of current compliance requirements and changes in regulation
- Provide timely and relevant routine and ad hoc regulatory advice and assistance, delivering business focused compliant solutions
- Work with management, 1st line Compliance and other members of the company’s 2nd line Compliance team to advise on appropriate systems and controls to ensure that that the business meets its regulatory obligations and its commercial objectives
- Support the Compliance Director and other members of the Compliance team in reporting to insurers and regulators and meeting contractual requirements
- Raise awareness and understanding of regulatory themes within the business including through the delivery of regulatory training to colleagues
- Help to establish Compliance standards
- Review, roll out (and where appropriate challenge) the company’s Compliance policies and procedures and risk management frameworks
- Review and sign off financial promotions, customer facing communications, scripts and web journeys where appropriate
- Ongoing review of product evaluations and conduct risk metrics
- Assist in Compliance monitoring reviews and provide advice and support to customer service team and outsourced partners
- Review of due diligence information relating to clients, suppliers, outsourcing partners and other third parties
- Reporting and escalation of breaches and regulatory risks within the Compliance team and appropriate business divisions and prepare reports for relevant committees and subsidiary boards
- Assist in internal sanctions screening processes and review escalated sanctions ‘hits.
- You have a Bachelors’ degree level education
- Qualification in Insurance/Financial services and-or compliance is preferable
- You have a minimum of 4 years of experience in a compliance advice or technical compliance role, ideally within the insurance industry
- You have advanced knowledge and experience of regulatory compliance and good working knowledge of IDD
- You have a good understanding of general retail insurance products
- You have strong awareness and up-to-date knowledge of current and changing regulatory requirements and trends including in relation to product innovation within the insurance industry
- You understand international business practices and cultural sensitivities
- You are fluent in English. The knowledge of another European language is considered an asset
- You have strong communication skills
- You can develop strong and effective relationships at all levels of business
- You have effective negotiation skills
- You can multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- You focus and delivering value and achieving excellent customer outcomes
- You pay attention to details
- You have an analytical mind and can identify and implement pragmatic solutions to possible issues
If this sounds like you, and the idea of joining an stimulating, dynamic and growing environment and have a real impact speaks to you, then apply for this Compliance Officer position.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.
Salary: Attractive packageLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 30 November 2022A leading company active in the Insurance sector is currently looking to hire a Compliance Officer to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in Compliance and Risk, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the compliance risk that a company, and more specifically an insurance company, faces in an increasingly fast evolving commercial environment.
Salary: Attractive salaryLocation: Louvain-La-NeuveDate posted: 21 October 2022A company active in the ICT/Financial Services sector is currently looking to hire a Senior Sales to join their offices in Louvain-la-Neuve. The new Senior Sales will organize the active prospecting work in the target markets (banking, asset management and insurance sectors) and will propose the most appropriate solutions (technological platform modules) to meet the demands of prospects and customers. Moreover, the person would take initiatives and take part in the improvement of various internal processes to achieve the company's objectives.
Salary: Attractive packageLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 18 October 2022An international company active in the Banking sector is currently looking to hire a Compliance Monitoring Officer to join their team in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in Banking & Compliance, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within the Group.
Salary: Attractive salaryLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 30 November 2022A leading company active in the Insurance sector is currently looking to hire an Actuary Closing and Risk Monitoring to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in actuarial techniques & insurance, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within the company and will be responsible for the actuarial follow up of the company’s technical result.
Salary: Attractive salaryLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 24 November 2022A family-like flexible company active in the Insurance sector is currently looking to hire an Insurance Underwriter to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in Claims and Underwriting, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within the company.