Manager Business Risk & Control Management
Salary Attractive salary and benefits
Consultant Stephen Fournier
Job Ref 1905122/001
Date posted 25 April 2023brussels banking-financial-services/corporate-consumer-banking 2023-04-25 2023-06-24 banking Brussels Brussels BE Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
An innovative and growing Banking company is currently looking for a Manager Business Risk & Control Management to join their offices in Brussels.
Thanks to your experience in Banking and in a control function, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within your team and be responsible for strengthening the 1st Line of Defence of the organisation, working in close collaboration with Compliance teams and Contact Centres.
Your main responsibilities as the new Manager Business Risk & Control Management will include:
- You ensure day-to-day follow-up of the team members by coaching and verifying the performance of the monitoring and control activities.
- You determine, with the support of the Head of Customer Hub and the Compliance Departments, the first line of defence control and monitoring plan for the upcoming year.
- You execute part of the first line of defence controls and monitoring plan, including tasks requiring direct contacts with customers.
- You carry out of testing to ensure that controls are working as intended.
- You identify and report new/existing risks to the Head of Customer Hub, Heads of Compliance functions and respective Executive Committees on domains such as AML, MiFID and Market Abuse.
- You define (with the support of the Compliance functions) and update the first line of defence policies, procedures, training plans and working instructions relating to the monitoring activities.
- You communicate and interact with the second line of defense on escalated files, necessary trainings for the first line of defense officers or on findings and proposed corrective measures
- You participate to the set-up and follow-up of IT changes and developments which concern the Retail Control department.
- You have at least 4 years of proven experience in a control function (first, second or third line of defense)
- You have great professional knowledge of AML, MiFID and MAR.
- You are fluent in English and in French and/or Dutch.
- Great coaching capacities.
- Well-developed communication capacities.
- Strong organisation, planning and prioritizing skills.
- Eye for detail with a focus on accuracy and delivery.
- Ability to work under pressure and proactivity.
- Excellent reactive and problem solving capacities.
- Autonomous and team player.
What the company has to offer:
- A dynamic work environment, filled with internal and external trainings opportunities, as well as career growth.
- An interesting package, including health insurance, bonus, remote working & flexible hours, and much more.
If this sounds like you, and the idea of joining an international and dynamic environment and have a real impact speaks to you, then apply for this Manager Business Risk & Control Management position.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.
Get in touch
+32 2 511 66 88
Salary: Attractive salary package and work environmentLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 28 April 2023A dynamic and leading Banking company is currently looking for a motivated Product Manager Daily Banking to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience within the Banking sector, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have a crucial role within your team and on the activities of the structure.
Salary: Competitive salary and attractive fringe benefitsLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 30 May 2023A leading company active in the Financial Services & Banking sector is currently looking to hire a motivated Compliance Conduct and Risk Expert to join their offices in Brussels.
Salary: Attractive salary and benefitsLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 16 May 2023A world-leading company active in the Digital Payments sector is currently looking to hire a Senior Sales Manager to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in Sales and the Card industry, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within your team and join the company’s mission to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable, and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Salary: Attractive salary and benefits packageLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 18 April 2023A dynamic and growing FinTech company is currently looking for a motivated Finance Manager to join their team in their Brussels office. Thanks to your experience in Finance and Accountancy, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within your division and will support the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow to make best business decision for the company.
Salary: Interesting salary and benefits packageLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 18 April 2023A dynamic and growing FinTech company is currently looking for a motivated Operational Risk Manager to join their team in their Brussels’s office. Thanks to your experience in Financial Services and Risk Management, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within your division and will help the company offer start-ups and established businesses a wide range of payment services, as well as to implement the operational risk management framework which includes policies, procedures, risk limits and risk control mechanisms to detect, measure or assess, control, manage, mitigate and report, in an adequate, continuous and timely manner, the risks associated with the business’s activities.