Head of Legal & Corporate Secretary
Consultant Melina Kayila
Date posted 09 May 20192019-05-09 2019-07-08 banking Brussels Brussels BE EUR 129000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be
A leader in the banking sector based in Brussels is currently on a look-out for a Head of Legal & Corporate Secretary.
As the Head of Legal & Corporate Secretary, your responsibilities will be split between Legal and Corporate Secretary duties and will include the following:
- Overall management responsibility for the legal function;
- Provide legal advice to the business, for instance in case of new product launches;
- Participate to internal committees, such as the Wealth Management and Investment Services Committee;
- Communicate directly with the management of the bank regarding risk-management in the areas of legal matters;
- Assist the Group’s Corporate Secretary with the Belgian-specific corporate secretary tasks;
- Prepare the agenda and take the minutes of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings;
- Ensure appropriate communication with the competent supervisory authorities (ECB, NBB, FSMA).
The ideal candidate for the position of the Head of Legal & Corporate Secretary holds a master’s degree in Law and has at least 7 years of relevant experience in (advisory role to) Retail Banking. You have knowledge of Banking Law and Corporate Law and a previous experience in dealing with Executive Committee and Board of Director meetings. If you’re familiar with syndicated loan activities and structured finance (securitisation), this will be considered as a plus.
You have strong written and spoken communication skills in English and French or Dutch.
If you’re driven, independent, enthusiastic and hands-on and are ready to face new challenges, do not hesitate to apply for this outstanding opportunity.