Head of Legal & Corporate Secretary
Consultant Melina Kayila
Date posted 16 July 20192019-07-16 2019-09-14 banking Brussels Brussels BE EUR 129000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leader in the banking sector based in Brussels is currently on a look-out for a Head of Legal & Corporate Secretary.
As the Head of Legal & Corporate Secretary, your responsibilities will be split between Legal and Corporate Secretary duties and will include the following:
- Overall management responsibility for the legal function;
- Provide legal advice to the business, for instance in case of new product launches;
- Participate to internal committees, such as the Wealth Management and Investment Services Committee;
- Communicate directly with the management of the bank regarding risk-management in the areas of legal matters;
- Assist the Group’s Corporate Secretary with the Belgian-specific corporate secretary tasks;
- Prepare the agenda and take the minutes of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings;
- Ensure appropriate communication with the competent supervisory authorities (ECB, NBB, FSMA).
The ideal candidate for the position of the Head of Legal & Corporate Secretary holds a master’s degree in Law and has at least 7 years of relevant experience in (advisory role to) Retail Banking. You have knowledge of Banking Law and Corporate Law and a previous experience in dealing with Executive Committee and Board of Director meetings. If you’re familiar with syndicated loan activities and structured finance (securitisation), this will be considered as a plus.
You have strong written and spoken communication skills in English and French or Dutch.
If you’re driven, independent, enthusiastic and hands-on and are ready to face new challenges, do not hesitate to apply for this outstanding opportunity.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.