Local Head of Accounting & Reporting
Salary Attractive Salary
Consultant Stephen Fournier
Job Ref 1647462/001
Date posted 13 July 2022brussels banking-financial-services/investment-management 2022-07-13 2022-09-11 financial-services Brussels Brussels BE Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A company active in the Asset Management sector is currently looking to hire a Local Head of Accounting & Reporting to join their offices in Brussels. With your experience in accounting/controlling and in Asset Management, you will be responsible for accurate and timely financial and management reporting for entities in Belgium, the Netherlands and potentially Luxembourg.
Your main responsibilities as the new Local Head of Accounting & Reporting will include:
- Ensure there is appropriate and robust financial accounting controls over the affairs of the Benelux businesses; those financial records are accurate, timely and complete and that assets are safe guarded
- Expert knowledge of, and overall responsibility for the production of the quarterly Group financial accounting and monthly management reporting submissions and controls
- Responsible for the supply of appropriate analysis and commentary to support the internal and external reporting requirements of Benelux and Group Finance
- Lead the Benelux Finance input to budgeting, forecasting or planning
- Responsible for local statutory financial statements and board reporting, and local management reporting
- Benelux owner for accuracy and integrity of Benelux general ledger system ensuring strong controls and cut off procedures for group and statutory accounting purposes
- Ensure correct and timely implementation of all relevant accounting standards including Group requirements in conjunction with the Group Accounting manager in Paris
- Initiate options to, and drive initiatives to enhance process and systems efficiency and controls
- Act as a principal contact for key stakeholders e.g., in the central Finance reporting team and with the local Tax Specialist
- Support the Benelux governance and assist where necessary, e.g., local Board, Benelux scope Executive Committees, Local Control Committees, etc.
- In 2022/2023, ensure and lead the project under Transformation team help and any needed additional support for local or central experts of internalizing the accounting from the current outsourcer to the group internally
- You have a Degree in Accountancy with strong technical accounting knowledge
- You have significant experience as accountant/financial controller (around 7/8 years of experience) in an Investment Management environment
- You are fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch or French is a plus.
- You have good communication skills
- You are self-motivated and a team-player
- You are able to work under pressure and with good attention to detail
If this sounds like you, and if the idea of joining a dynamic and rewarding environment appeals to you, then apply for this Local Head of Accounting & Reporting position.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.
Salary: Attractive SalaryLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 13 July 2022An international company active in the insurance sector is currently looking to hire an Actuary to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your previous experience as an Actuary, you will focus on all aspects of reserving, reporting and capital modelling.