Head of Operational & IT risk
Consultant Melina Kayila
Date posted 19 April 20192019-04-19 2019-06-18 banking Brussels Brussels BE EUR 9000 9500 9500 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be
A leader in the banking sector based in Brussels is currently looking for a Head of Operational & IT risk. As the Head of Operational & IT risk, you will report on a day to day operational level to the Chief Risk Officer and will assist in identifying, monitoring and reporting on the operational risks.
Some of your main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Heading the Operational Risk Management section of the Bank;
- Owning the Operational Risk framework of the Bank, including Key Risk Indicators, risk monitoring and control testing;
- Overseeing all Operational and IT risks including management information, key risks and trends, reporting to the CRO, the Executive Committee, the Board of Directors and regulatory bodies;
- Producing scheduled and ad hoc risk reports to specific stakeholders and present the information where required;
- Leading the yearly Internal Control Report process (based on RCSAs, facilitated and challenged by Operational Risk);
- Ensuring, in collaboration with the Data Protection Officer, compliance with GDPR, including ownership of data protection and privacy risk framework is suitability robust and fit for purpose;
- Leading the Banks Information security risk assessments for on premise and any outsourced IT solutions.
The ideal candidate for the position of the Head of Operational & IT holds a master’s degree and has at least 10 years of work experience in operational risk management in a financial institution. You have a proven experience in setting up risk assessment methodologies and in performing and/or facilitating RCSAs.
Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are necessary for this role.
If you demonstrate personal integrity, honesty, reliability, respect and commitment and are willing to travel occasionally within Europe, do not hesitate to apply for this outstanding opportunity.