Consultant Aline Lewy
Date posted 20 May 20192019-05-20 2019-07-19 financial-services Brussels Brussels BE EUR 5000 6000 6000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A European Institute active in the financial services is now on the lookout for a new Risk Officer for its based in the Brussels region. In this role, you will implement, review as necessary and maintain the institute’s risk management framework (RMF) and related risk policies.
Reporting to the risk and compliance manager, as Risk Officer your main responsibilities include:
- Perform risk identification, assessment and monitoring activities. Analyse current risks and identify potential risks that might affect the organisation;
- Monitor the implementation of remedial actions plans for risk-related issues by the 1st line of defence;
- Support the implementation of the IT security risk and control framework as well as the global IT risk strategy;
- Produce timely, accurate and complete risk assessments and reporting tailored to the relevant audience (management team, the Audit & Risk Committee (ARC) and the Board of Directors);
- Ensure appropriate and timely escalation to the management team of any breach of one or more components of the Risk Management Framework or the Risk Appetite Statement, including breaches of internal controls;
- Contribute to the elaboration and review of business continuity and disaster recovery plans;
- Evaluate service providers criticality levels and maintain and monitor a dashboard with KPI’s/KRI’s monitoring the quality of the services received from service providers;
- Coordinate all internal audit matters with the appointed internal auditor;
- Coordinate the activities of the Audit & Risk Committee;
- Maintain and update the risk register;
- Build risk awareness amongst staff by providing support and training within the organisation.
You have a university degree in Risk Management, Business Administration, Engineering or in a similar field and you have at least 5 years of experience in operational risk management (experience in an audit company is an asset). You are fluent in English and have a good understanding of another language of the EU. Knowledge in cybersecurity is an asset.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a candidate who has strong analytical, diplomatic skills and interpersonal skills. If you have the ability to consciously balance data, send your application now and become the new Risk Officer of this prestigious institute.