Operational Risk Manager
Salary Interesting salary and benefits package
Consultant Juliette Lewin
Job Ref 1899842/001
Date posted 18 April 2023brussels banking-financial-services/risk-management 2023-04-18 2023-06-17 financial-services Brussels Brussels BE 1000 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png true
A dynamic and growing FinTech company is currently looking for a motivated Operational Risk Manager to join their team in their Brussels’s office. Thanks to your experience in Financial Services and Risk Management, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within your division and will help the company offer start-ups and established businesses a wide range of payment services, as well as to implement the operational risk management framework which includes policies, procedures, risk limits and risk control mechanisms to detect, measure or assess, control, manage, mitigate and report, in an adequate, continuous and timely manner, the risks associated with the business’s activities.
Your main responsibilities as the new Operational Risk Manager will include:
- You oversee the development of the overall risk management framework.
- You update and monitor the Risk Appetite Statement and Key Risk Indicators.
- You bring support to process managers for the proper management of risks and operational incidents.
- You analyse risks related to new projects, products, or services or during changes in organization or processes.
- You ensure the constant evolution of the global risk management framework to integrate the emergence of new risks and meet the authorities' increased expectations.
- You oversee the coordination and integration with other control functions (Compliance, AML, Internal Audit) and Group stakeholders.
- You build appropriate status and a central position in the organization and guarantee the independence of the function while actively participating, as a manager, in the development of the company's activities.
- You ensure proactive cooperation with operational managers and follow-up of operational incidents and action plans.
- You have a master’s degree level education in an Economic or Scientific orientation.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position. Experience in a regulated field is a strong plus.
- You have good professional knowledge of regulatory framework, supervisory expectations for operational risks management and of process, risk and control documentation standards and tools.
- Experience with international and matrix, as well as knowledge of project management methodologies is considered an asset.
- You are fluent in English, and in French/Dutch.
- Spirit of initiative and enterprise.
- Rigorous and analytical.
- Process-oriented and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate, assist and unify to achieve a risk management objective.
What the company has to offer:
- A dynamic and positive work environment, filled with professional development opportunities.
- A competitive salary and benefits package, including yearly bonus, company car, teleworking days, company laptop and phone, and much more.
If this sounds like you, and the idea of joining an international environment and have a real impact speaks to you, then apply for this Operational Risk Manager position.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.
Get in touch
+32 2 511 66 88
Salary: Attractive salary and benefitsLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 16 May 2023A world-leading company active in the Digital Payments sector is currently looking to hire a Senior Sales Manager to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in Sales and the Card industry, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within your team and join the company’s mission to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable, and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Salary: Attractive salary and benefits packageLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 18 April 2023A dynamic and growing FinTech company is currently looking for a motivated Finance Manager to join their team in their Brussels office. Thanks to your experience in Finance and Accountancy, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within your division and will support the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice that will allow to make best business decision for the company.
Salary: Competitive salary and attractive fringe benefitsLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 30 May 2023A leading company active in the Financial Services & Banking sector is currently looking to hire a motivated Compliance Conduct and Risk Expert to join their offices in Brussels.
Salary: Attractive salary and stimulating work environmentLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 25 May 2023A leading Insurance company is currently looking to hire a Controlling Expert to join their offices in Brussels.
Salary: Attractive salary and benefitsLocation: BrusselsDate posted: 16 May 2023A growing and innovative Insurance company is currently looking to hire an Operations Transformation Officer to join their offices in Brussels. Thanks to your experience in the financial sector, you will be the perfect addition to the company and will have an essential role within your team and the Group.