Consultant Arjen Spittael
Date de publication 24 juin 20192019-06-26 2019-08-23 building-and-construction Ghent East Flanders BE EUR 4000 5000 5000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A large, multinational building and construction company is currently on the look-out for a Business Controller to strengthen the Finance department at the headquarters in Gent.
- Thorough analysis of the needs and requirements of the different departments with regard to reporting and the way in which cost controlling is carried out and coordinating the work processes accordingly.
- Individual monitoring of cost controllers (on a monthly basis) and adjusting where necessary.
- Responsible for the various reports and guaranteeing that the reported data is delivered on time and in a complete and correct manner.
- Responsible for the budgets of the company projects and for following them up in consultation with your team.
- Provide in depth-analysis for projects where local accounting is set up and follow-up together with the local cost controller.
- Consult with, and report to, our Finance Manager and give advice to the management team.
- Critically evaluating current work processes on a daily basis and optimizing these where necessary.
In order to successfully carry out these tasks, the Business Controller should have a Master's degree within Finance, as well as at least 8 years of experience in the Finance department of an international organisation with a project structure, preferably in the construction or a related sector. In addition to sound professional knowledge in cost controlling, you are also sufficiently familiar with everything that concerns international accounting. You have strong analytical skills and can interpret financial figures with regard to returns and results.
As the Business Controller will be ultimately responsible for a variety of tasks, it is vital that you take initiative, that you are a good communicator, autonomous, punctual and accurate as well as a good work organizer who keeps an attentive eye on the workload of the team members and adjusts where necessary. Therefore, people management skills are crucial. Furthermore, good communicative skills are necessary in a variety of languages - Dutch, French and/or English fluency and notions of German. Other languages are a plus.
If you are looking for a fantastic opportunity to take the next step in your career look no further and send us your application! This is an autonomous position with broad responsibilities within an internationally growing company where cooperation is key. An extensive salary and benefits package is also included.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.