Consultant Christophe Paquay
Date de publication 11 juillet 20192019-07-12 2019-09-09 automotive Antwerp Antwerp BE EUR 4500 5000 5000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Due to its continuous growth, a major player in the automotive industry is now looking to recruit a Business Controller for its headquarters in the Antwerp region. This role will report to the Head of Controlling and will be in frequent contact with the Business Controllers of the other entities as well as with the Managing Director. As Business Controller, you are part of the management team and a key figure in the organisation as you manage all the aspects of the financial services within the organisation. An important aspect in this includes being the sparring partner for the Managing Director. You act as a true business partner with in-depth analyses on gross margin, stock, customers, etc. You also take part in the central ordering process when deciding upon quantities to be purchased at factory.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Financial Controlling & Support
- Confirm the consolidated figures and variance analysis versus budget and/or forecast. Be able to present them to management in a clear and summarised manner.
- Give support to the budget and forecast procedures, based on input from your local network, and make sure they are correctly entered into the reporting tool.
- Understand the current operational/administrative flows that have an impact on the financial reporting. Based on this identify fields of improvement and propose an action plan to be implemented. Give support to the local entities to implement this action plan so that the financial processes/procedures guarantee a reliable reporting.
- Create synergies/cooperation on cross-country level so that input occurs on an efficient and uniform way.
- Perform internal control checks at the local entities (completeness of turnover, balance sheet reconciliation files, expense note policy, etc.).
- Prepare and actively participate in periodic business reviews to discuss the reporting and KPIs, including definition of actions and feedback of actions.
- Prepare and participate in management meetings where you have an active role in capturing important information and structuring ideas of the other departments.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis such as profitability analysis, margin analysis, stock reconciliations/ageing, etc.
- Evaluate business plans, analysis/proposals regarding mergers & acquisitions and investment/divestment proposals where relevant. Provide clear and candid feedback to the relevant parties on all these analyses.
- Play a decisive role in the ordering process hereby keeping a strong eye on the working capital levels, the stock availability, lead-times and forecasted sales.
The ideal candidate has obtained a Master's degree in a financial and/or business field (or equal by experience) coupled with at least 5 years of experience (e.g. external audit, business controller,...). You are a pragmatic problem solver with excellent analytical skills, effective interpersonal and communication skills. A sound sense of business and assertiveness in discussing opportunities, risks or concerns, even when opposed by others, is vital.
Furthermore, you are eager to align financial processes and systems to improve presented figures and to assure correctness of internal procedures. This implies going to the countries abroad in order to understand the different way of working and in a later phase to implement the best practice. Therefore, a willingness to travel (20%), as well as fluency in both Dutch and English is a must. French is a plus. A good knowledge or willingness to learn about process management and master data in IT systems and tools (ERP system) is also important.
If you are determined and driven to fulfil this business-critical role, do not hesitate and apply today.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.