Consultant Christophe Paquay
Date de publication 11 juillet 20192019-07-12 2019-09-09 automotive Antwerp Antwerp BE EUR 4000 4500 4500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading multinational automotive company is looking for a Business Controller to join their successful and growing team at the headquarters in Antwerp. The Business Controller acts as a true business partner for his/her internal client. He/she is the preferred support in all business economic topics and translates the strategy into financials, management reporting and key performance indicators. In a complex and changing business environment, the Business Controller plays a central role in the planning and control processes of the financial management of the internal client. As Business Controller you learn the different steps in the operational process of the brand. As a financial expert you recognise the possible risks and opportunities in these processes and suggest improvements. You also cover all topics/issues with an impact on the P&L and make sure that the monthly financial figures are correctly representing the actual situation.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare financial reports as specified by the Group, Business Unit and the local management (e.g. analysis and explanation of variances with last year, budget and forecast, connecting figures with business events and development).
- Support in month end closing activities (e.g. accrual accounting, invoice checking,
- Optimise financial processes and procedures to guarantee that the management accounting system provides reliable information.
- Understand your balance sheet and P&L and make sure that financial statements provide a true and correct view of the situation.
- Make sure to recognise risks and opportunities in your business and tackle them if needed.
- Co-ordinate and execute the production of budgets and forecasts, in joint effort with the responsible managers (marketing, sales, etc.).
- Prepare and actively participate in periodic financial meetings with management to discuss the reporting and KPI.
- Support the entities in improving P&L, working capital and cash flow management and give advice on the financial impact of management decisions or suggestions.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis such as profitability analysis, margin analysis, etc.
- Support the ordering & purchase process of new cars.
- Perform follow-up on (ageing of) stock.
- Implement synergies and efficiencies in the internal processes where possible.
- Follow-up, assist and/or lead specific projects within the business units.
To facilitate these tasks and responsibilities, the candidate should have a Master's degree in a financial and/or business field, as well as around 5-6 years of experiences (e.g. external audit, business controller, ...). You are a pragmatic problem solver with excellent analytical skills, effective interpersonal and communication skills. A sound sense of business and assertiveness in discussing opportunities, risks or concerns, even when opposed by others, is vital.
Furthermore, good interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills are crucial. Therefore, fluency in both Dutch and English is a must. French is a plus. A good knowledge or willingness to learn about process management and master data in IT systems and tools (ERP system) is also important.
If you are an efficient Business Controller with the ability to balance attention to detail with the bigger picture and intrigued by this opportunity to further your career, don't wait and apply today!
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.