Head of Accounting
Consultant Christophe Paquay
Date de publication 11 juillet 20192019-07-12 2019-09-09 fmcg Antwerp Antwerp BE EUR 4500 5500 5500 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.be https://www.robertwalters.be/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A fantastic opportunity as Head of Accounting has just arisen for a well-recognized company active in the retail/wholesale industry and located in the Antwerp region.
Reporting to the CFO, the Head of Accounting's main reponsibilities are as follows:
- You are responsible for the implementation of financial (optimization) projects, both in the branches and at the support centre. This with the aim of increasing efficiency and customer focus in administrative processes. For this you work very closely with various departments and branches.
- You are responsible for the coaching, evaluation and management of the team. You monitor the quality and quantity of the work of the team members, monitor the progress of agreements made and adjust if necessary.
- You are responsible for continuity in the accounting and administrative processes, both at the sites and at the support centre. You ensure an optimal division of work, you analyse and detect opportunities to make the administrative process more efficient and you adjust if necessary.
- You are responsible for the correct application of the international IFRS and the local GAAP accounting rules. You are the first point of contact for all relevant stakeholders (eg auditors, etc.).
- You are responsible for all statutory and tax formalities within the company. You are the first point of contact for the tax authorities. You supervise tax audits and are responsible for all tax reporting in accordance with international and group standards.
- You are responsible for correct accounting regarding investments and depreciation in accordance with international and group standards. You follow up the bookkeeping through the various phases, from supplier to invoicing. You also supervise investment projects in close cooperation with the Controlling and Technical department.
- You are responsible for the cash flow forecast of the company, you manage monthly reports on this, you detect deviations and opportunities and you communicate this to management and to the group. You are also responsible for all action plans with regard to improving the cash flow of the company.
- You are responsible for a timely and correct closure, detect any problems, look for appropriate solutions and work closely with the Controlling department for this.
- You ensure that quality controls are performed on the accounting and administration processes within the company in a timely manner. You are responsible for the follow-up and optimization of these internal controls.
- You and your team are responsible for following up of outstanding customer and supplier invoices and, in case of persistent problems, you look for suitable solutions in cooperation with the branch management and the commercial team.
- You establish contacts with representatives of trade unions/works councils.
The ideal candidate for this role as Head of Accounting has a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Finance or Economics, or equivalent by experience. At least 5 to 10 years of experience as Head of Accounting is requested. Experience in the Retail or FMCG sector is a strong plus. Knowledge of IFRS and Belgian GAAP is essential as well as experience in translating financial guidelines to practical procedures and processes. Fluency in English is required, both written and spoken, as is an excellent knowledge of MS Office applications. Knowledge of Dutch, French and German, and of SAP FO/CO, are considered assets. Other assets include experience with tax declarations, expertise in optimising processes, credit management, due diligence analyses, etc...
If you are a committed, loyal, reliable and an excellent communicator that can motivate, coach, and initiate change, this is the role for you. Don't let this excellent opportunity pass you by and apply quickly.
Not the job you were looking for? Maybe you know someone in your network who might be interested. Refer them to Robert Walters and get rewarded.