GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
REFER A FRIEND TO ROBERT WALTERS BELGIUM
These terms and conditions set out below are the terms and conditions for the Robert Walters Candidate Referral Scheme for Robert Walters Belgium whose Registered Office is at Avenue Louise 326, B-1050, Brussels.
Please note this scheme will be operational from 1 January 2019 until midnight on 31 December 2019. Any referrals made after this date will not be eligible for a referral gift under this scheme.
1. The Robert Walters Candidate Referral Scheme applies only to persons registered as candidates (“Referee”) with Robert Walters Belgium and living in Belgium and where the Referee refers a new candidate who is eligible to take up permanent work in Belgium.
2. Under the scheme the Referred Person can be your friend, relative or acquaintance.
3. Permanent employees and contract and temporary workers working directly for Robert Walters Belgium or any member of the Robert Walters plc group of companies are not eligible to participate in this Candidate Referral Scheme.
4. To the extent applicable, the responsibility for any payment of tax related to the referral gift lies with the referee.
5. The Referee is eligible for a Coolblue gift card worth 100 EUR if a Referred Person is placed in a permanent position through Robert Walters. For the avoidance of doubt, no referral gift is payable if a Referred Person works in a temporary or contract assignment through Robert Walters in Belgium, or is placed at a Robert Walters’ client in temporary or permanent employment outside of Belgium.
6. The referral gift is not redeemable for cash.
7. In the event that Robert Walters Belgium is (for whatever reason) unable to procure the indicated referral gift, then you will receive a substitute referral gift of commensurate value subject to these same terms and conditions.
8. The Referee will not be eligible to receive the referral gift under this scheme in the event that the Referred Person is already on the Robert Walters database at the date of referral or if Robert Walters have already received their details but have not yet entered them on to their database. Candidates may only be referred to Robert Walters Belgium once. In the event that a candidate is referred to Robert Walters Belgium by more than one Referee, then only the first person to refer that candidate to Robert Walters Belgium (with the Referred Person’s permission) will be eligible for a referral gift under this scheme.
9. The Referred Person must be notified and have consented to their details being passed to Robert Walters under this scheme before the date of the referral. This is the responsibility of the referee and is subject to Belgian Legislation including data protection laws. The Referee will indemnify Robert Walters for any loss or claim arising out of the Referee's failure to procure such consent.
10. It is the Referee's responsibility to contact their Robert Walters consultant in order to claim their referral gift.
11. The Referee agrees that Robert Walters will not be held liable for any loss or claim arising out of the use of the referral gift and the Referee uses the referral gift wholly at their own risk.
12. Robert Walters reserves the right to vary or terminate all or part of the terms of the Robert Walters Candidate Referral Scheme at any time without notice.
13. In the event of any dispute regarding these Terms and Conditions, the rules of this scheme, conduct, results and all other matters relating to the scheme, the decision of Robert Walters Belgium shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
14. Robert Walters Belgium accepts no liability for any tax obligations or charges arising out of the provision of the gift to the Referee. The Referee is solely responsible for his or her own tax obligations on the receipt of a referral gift.
15. Coolblue is not a participant in or sponsor of this promotion.
16. These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by the laws of Belgium and parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Belgian Courts.